Thursday, June 9, 2011

woah God...

Okay, woah. God has overwhelmed Michael and me during the months of May and June 2011. He really rained down his blessing.

In the middle of May, Michael and I were offerred jobs at Norwalk Alliance Church in Norwalk, Ohio. For those of you who don't know, this is my home church where my parents still attend as well as my sister. My grandparents and many dear and missed friends still live in Norwalk as well. In all honesty, when we first started talking with Norwalk, we didn't really think God would lead us there. We love our church here in Marion. :) However, after several months of prayer and situations that could be none other than God's hand, we decided to interview and accept the jobs. Michael will be the Family Ministries and Youth Pastor and I will be the Director of Worship Ministries. God's plans all the way. So exciting.

Well, three days after that I found out I was pregnant, only a month after going on medicine for hypothyroidism. Right now I'm due in late January/early February but we will know more at our ultrasound next week. And even though we lost our last little one and by my very nature, I should be worried sick about the baby I am currently carrying......I'm not. It's supernatural in the sense that I am completely trusting God with this, and I just have a feeling that this is God's hand. And as much as I STILL mourn the loss of our baby in December, I am a little grateful to not be 35 weeks pregnant right now as we move, and to not have a newborn as I try to start a new job at a new church. Thank you God that your ways are not my ways.

And, the day after we found out we were pregnant, we bid on a house. We are now in the process of signing our lives away and should close on our first house at the beginning of July.

EDIT: I also need to add that this week, also, Michael just FINISHED SCHOOL! We haven't gotten the diploma in the mail yet, but he officially is done with his masters'! Michael Bochman, Master of Divinity! That was 5 years of hard work. I am so proud of him and so excited for no more homework on days off, haha.

I would say it's insane, but it isn't at all. It's God's blessing. It's just that until now, I haven't experienced it in such a heap before. :)

1 comment: