Wednesday, August 11, 2010

God's Faithfulness Makes Me Double-Take

Well, in the days since my last entry, God has revealed himself in a way that I honestly, did not think he was going to do. He has proven himself faithful, so much that I've kinda been doing a double take on his faithfulness. You know, like when you see something you just can't believe exists and you look at it and then can't help yourself to look back because you barely believe your eyes?

I guess I barely believe my faith.

Michael and I laid ourselves out and said, "Lord, speak. Speak truth into this darkness and into these lies (if they are lies...I wasn't so sure at the time.)" And whaddya know, he did. He overwhelmed us with an answer to prayer after an answer to prayer after an answer to prayer. We feel needed in ministry. We feel like we're on the right path. I felt so bombarded with peace AND with several concrete answers to prayer in the last week or so that I literally am double-taking God's faithfulness.

Lord, bring me to the place where I don't double-take in disbelief and surprise...or where I don't even single-take. Bring me to a place where my faith is so solid and unwavering where your faithfulness becomes an evident part of my everyday life; not that I would take it for granted. On the contrary--I want to breathe in your faithfulness with thankfulness and exhale all of the things that cause me to doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment